Name:
Location: Northern California

Friday, October 05, 2007

Trekking Socks and Harmony Needles

I finally got my new Harmony KnitPicks DPNs in the mail and in spite of my determination to finish up other projects before casting on anything new, I couldn't wait to get home and start a pair of socks on these needles. Selecting sock yarn from my stash was tough, but I settled on Trekking XXL in the #76 colorway Berry. I'm a huge fan of Trekking sock yarn, and I was so anxious to give these new needles a go, I didn't even bother to wind the yarn into a ball, I just plopped down and got at it.



I'm using my usual 64 stitches k2/p2 rib for as long as I feel like doing it, then just plain stockinette, with the usual heel flap. for Kicks I think I'll do a star toe.



Now about those Harmony Needles -- WOW!!!! They are smooth, lightweight, 6 in, (perfect length for me) and so darn pretty. I think I have new favorite needles. I haven't tried the Harmony circulars yet, but the DPNs are perfect.



Photo's of my SOCK in progress to follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't tried those needles yet, but plan to in the future! Keep us posted on the progress. I'd love to see some pics of the finished socks and the needles too :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Longarm Quilting by PattyAnne said...

Hi Patti,

I am now trying to do my first pair of socks. I had started doing a pair (toe up) but didn't finish them. Anyhoooo, I hope my socks turn out as nicely as yours!!!!

PattyAnne

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home